Purpose of position:
This purpose of this position is to perform, and serve as Quality Engineer for the various entities within Press-Seal Corporation.
Responsibilities of Position:
- Ability to interpret drawings, product/performance specifications, and other systems integration technical data.
- Coordinates development of Standard Work Instructions, Process Flow, Process FMEA, and Control Plans through cross-functional group participation.
- Interfaces with Engineering to review processes for new and existing products and coordinate process validations and capability studies. Recommends process monitoring devices where applicable.
- Develops various inspection techniques and procedures to ensure product integrity to design specifications.
- Ensures that the disposition of non-conforming materials meet all necessary regulatory requirements and assure adequacy of corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Leads plant corrective action activities, leading to implementation of permanent corrective actions...
- Interfaces with plant, engineering, customer, supplier, and production personnel to enhance introduction of new parts into production.
- Develop documentation to achieve PPAP approval for new and revised product.
- Serve as part of an Internal Auditor team for ISO 9001 Systems and conduct audits as required.
- Contribute to assigned committees to promote Continuous Improvement in Product, Services and Competitive Assessments
- Flexibility to assume responsibilities beyond the scope of this Job Description
Associates Degree in Industrial Engineering Technology, or 5 – 10 years’ experience in the Quality, or Engineering field.
Five to Ten Years within a Production Machining Environment.
Computer Proficiency in MS Office and other Programs as Required.
Understanding of Precision Machining Concepts and Operations; Including CNC Machining and Geometric Dimensional Tolerances (GD&T).
Problem solving tools: 5-Why, Ishikawa, Fishbone, IS/IS-NOT
Process Flow, Process FMEA, Control Plans per AIAG Standards.
Software Packages Desired:
Minitab, WORD, EXCEL, PowerPoint.